Bright and tangy: how all salads should be right now. I repurposed my turmeric grilled shrimp I posted last week to add protein to this salad and also doubled the marinade and added in a bit of oil to make it a salad dressing. Then I brushed a bit on some baguette and broiled it for the ultimate side of bread.
Crisp and juicy snap peas paired with some sweet watermelon and tangy feta is a combo I can’t believe I’ve never tried before. While blanched sugar snap peas don’t sound that exciting, try them and you’ll understand. I can eat a whole bowl of them in a sitting. All you need to do is boil some salted water and throw them in for 1-2 minutes (until vibrant green) and then run them under cold water.
Salad with Turmeric Grilled Shrimp
- 4 ounces watermelon, sliced, (about 5 medium slices)
- 1 cup blanched sugar snap peas, , halved (see directions below on how to blanch)
- 1/4 pound leftover turmeric lime grilled shrimp
- 2 ounces feta
Lime Turmeric Creamy Dressing
- 2 tablespoons leftover turmeric marinade, , see recipe here
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
Blanch the snap peas
- Heat a small pot of salted boiling water. Once boiling, add in snap peas and let boil until vibrant green. They should bend a bit, but still be snappy. This usually takes about 2 minutes.
- Place snap peas in a colander and immediately run under the coldest possible water you can until they are cold. (You can also place them in an ice bath, which is more technical, but I find this method works fine and saves me from some extra cleaning)
Make the Dressing
- Take leftover turmeric marinade (not used, but reserved) and combine with olive oil to thin out slightly. Taste and season as needed. You can also add a fresh squeeze of lime if needed.
- Add everything to a large bowl or plate and serve.
Optional: Toasted Baguette
- If you have some leftover baguette and marinade, you can rub the marinade on a slice and then broil for 1 minute, until slightly charred.