Grilling season is here, and I couldn’t be happier. Seriously, nothing beats a simple dinner all based around the grill. It’s the quintessential summer meal. And for me, that means the recipe itself has to be simple, casual, and only a few steps.
The original recipe inspiration for the dish was a recipe for bang bang shrimp from @thedefineddish. I’ll be honest, I took a pretty big detour to find flavor that wasn’t as spicy, but I had never thought to use mayo as a base- genius! Even if you don’t like mayo, try this out. I personally don’t think the mayo has a strong flavor, but more is just a creamy, fatty base that really adds to this recipe.
Brush this turmeric garlic sauce on any veggies you want to grill too. You can also use the leftovers for a salad the next day. See here for the deets on the salad I made below.
Easiest Turmeric Lime Grilled Shrimp
- 1.25 pound shrimp, shells removed and cleaned
Turmeric Lime Marinade/Sauce
- 1/4 cup plain mayonnaise, I used @primalpalette
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced or pressed in garlic press
- 1/4 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon .6 oz fresh lime juice (~1 lime)
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place all ingredients for sauce in a small bowl and place shrimp in a large bowl or plastic bag.
- Pour about half of the sauce over the shrimp. Let it marinate while you prep the grill and any other veggies you plan to grill, at least 15 minutes up to 60 minutes.
- Skewer shrimp onto skewers. Grill over medium heat for about ~2 minutes a side, until they are completely pink and opaque and have some char marks. You can brush on the sauce a bit more during this process if you like, or brush on at the end.