I think I have a biological clock for my monster salads. I just started unconsciously craving them about two weeks ago once the weather started warming up and the market was starting to get more produce in.
What’s a monster salad? For me, it’s a salad filling and tasty enough to be a whole meal (usually my lunch). It’s gotta pop- in color, texture, and flavor. No boring or sad salads here. And while I have my fav combos, there has to be variety because this season lasts about 4 months.
Be sure to check out my instagram summer salad story highlight for last year‘s inspo and stay tuned for my instastories as I’ll post them on the reg!
Watermelon Avocado Salad with Tamarind Lime Dressing
- 2 cups butter lettuce
- 1/2 cup watermelon diced
- 1/4 cup cucumber diced
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 1-2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts (Toast in oven at 375 for 6-7 minutes0
- small handful thinly sliced red onion
- optional: 2 ounces tempeh bacon or regular bacon
Tamarind Lime Dressing (makes 2 servings)
- 1 ounce extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ounces rice vinegar
- .7 ounces lime (juice of 1 lime)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk vigorously.
- Toss everything together and pour dressing on top!