I’m happy to tell you that nachos is a totally acceptable meal, especially when they’re like this. Everything loaded onto these chips would go into a dinner! I can easily eat a half pan of this and be fully satisfied (occasionally I’ll add a small side salad).
Roasted cauliflower and spinach may seem like an odd add to these nachos, but they blend in super well- trust me on this one.
This also works well for a gathering because you can prep most of the components ahead of time. In particular, make the chicken Tinga ahead of time (even a day or two ahead- this is actually how I use it as leftovers) The cauliflower a few hours ahead too- then you just layer everything on and bake for 10 minutes.
Chicken Tinga Nachos
- 1 bag or so tortilla chips of your choice, (I like Siete for a gluten-free option)
- 1 1/2 cups leftover chicken tinga, (see recipe here)
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets and roasted. To Roast: Toss in olive oil, salt and pepper, and bake at 425 for about 20-25 minutes, until lightly browned
- Optional: Sauteed spinach, To saute: Take 3 cups spinach and place in a large skillet with a bit of olive oil. Saute until just wilted, about 10 minutes.
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican Cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Layer tortilla chips onto the baking sheet in on mostly even layer.
- Add on chicken tinga, cauliflower and spinach onto nachos in an even pattern.
- Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake in oven until cheese is completely melted and starting to brown, about 7-12 minutes. I’ll check after 7 and then periodically check every 2 minutes or so.
- Top with avocado before serving.