Grilled corn and blueberries seemed like the perfect combination to savor the last bit of summer. In case you haven’t noticed in my stories, I’m a bit obsessed with grilling corn right now. The char adds another dimension to balance out its natural sweetness. It’s also super easy- just toss the whole cob right on the grill or under a broiler, rotating occasionally, for about 5-10 minutes.
I topped this with a skirt steak in one of my favorite marinades (equal amounts of balsamic and soy sauce) that packs a punch. To keep the balsamic theme going, I used my maple balsamic dressing that’s been a staple of mine for almost a decade.
The crunch: the corn
The creamy: goat cheese
The refreshing: red onion, super thinly sliced zucchini
The sweet: corn & blueberries
Grilled Corn & Blueberry Monster Salad with Balsamic Skirt Steak
- 1 ear corn husked and cleaned
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 2-3 cups spinach or other greens of your choice
- 1/4 cup about 1/4 of a small red onion very thinly sliced red onion (I use a mandoline for this)
- 1/2 small zucchini sliced VERY thinly into coins (I use a mandoline for this)
- 1-2 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- Balsamic Marinated Skirt Steak
- Balsamic Vinaigrette (one of my fav dressings!! worth making and doing rather than a store bought one, I promise)
- Preheat grill or broiler. Directly place corn on grill or under broiler for about 5-6 minutes, rotating occasionally for even browning. Let cool slightly and then cut kernels off.
- Toss everything together except goat cheese. Normally I like to do this in a really big bowl, putting all the items on the bottom and spinach on top. Then add the dressing and toss. Transfer to whatever bowl you plan to eat out of- all the good stuff (corn, blueberries, etc.) will naturally go to the top. Top with goat cheese.