When I was making my lunch after the gym, I was not planing on making this toast. In fact, I was in the process of making a salad and when I looked at the items I had out, I started realizing that this would be a perfect combination for a toast. Glad something clicked, as this is a great go-to mid-morning or afternoon snack most days now!
Not Your Regular Avocado Toast: Strawberry, Avocado & Goat Cheese Toast
- 1 piece of bread (I personally like Dave’s Killer Bread)
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 2 strawberries, sliced
- 1-2 ounces of goat cheese** see note below (depending on how much you want- I found 1 oz. or so to be enough).
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds (optional)
- balsamic glaze (optional- see here for recipe)
- 2 mint leaves, chopped finely
- sprinkle of sea salt
* While a log of goat cheese will be easiest to spread, this can easily be done with crumbled goat cheese if that’s what you have on hand. I used crumbled goat cheese and after about 30 seconds of sitting on the toast, it had slightly melted and was easy to spread.
Toast bread to your liking. Spread on goat cheese (see note above), and then top with avocado, strawberries, hemp seeds, and mint. Finish with a dash of sea salt and eat!