I’ve been a bit of a cooking rut for the past month or so- part of it is just due to time and stress. So I’ve been getting back into the swing of things with some recipes that are satisfying but don’t take a whole lot of time to make.
If you find yourself in the same boat and need some inspiration, this shakshuka is a perfect entry point!
Easy and Healthy Shakshuka for Two
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 28- oz can diced tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- fresh herbs, cilantro, basil, for garnsih
- good crusty bread, for side
- Heat a 4 quart pot over medium heat. Add in oil, onions and peppers and saute until just beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally and season with salt.
- Add in garlic cloves, cumin, paprika, and coriander and continue to saute an additional minute.
- Add in diced tomatoes. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes to build in flavor.
- Create a small divet with the back of a large spoon for each egg. Crack in the egg gently and cover the pot. Simmer, covered, until the egg whites have just set and are no longer tranluscent, about 5-10 minutes. I've noticed a huge variation depending on the pot, stovetop, and heat, so continue to check somewhat frequently as the texture of the eggs is key!
- Serve with herbs and fresh bread.
Tried this recipe?Mention @Kate_Cooks_ or tag #katecooks!