One of my favorite ways to enjoy cherries in their peak season right now: tossing them in salads. While I used Rainer cherries here, any type will do.
This salad (or a similar variation of this depending on what I have on hand) has been on repeat for the past few weeks. It’s easy, delicious, and works as a side salad to any weeknight meal. To make this even easier to just toss together, I’ll usually make a batch of my fav white balsamic vinaigrette and candied pistachios (with a hint of chili powder for a kick- don’t skimp on these!) for the week.
Summer Cherry Pistachio Salad
Please keep in mind that the amount of each of these ingredients is TOTALLY flexible and up to you. This is just a general idea of what I do, but I’ll also add more or less of each ingredient depending on how I feel and how it looks.
- 3-4 cups lightly packed arugula
- 1/2 cup chopped cherries, (Rainer, Bing, or Sour)
- 2-3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (goat cheese would work great here too)
- 1/4 cup candied pistachios, (see recipe here, but use pistachios instead of pu)
- White Balsamic Vinaigrette, (see here)
- In a large bowl, toss arugula in white balsamic vinaigrette.
- Add in cherries, blue cheese, and pistachios. Lightly toss and add more vinaigrette if needed. Season with salt and pepper.