Smokey Roasted Mushrooms
Inspired by Vegetable Kingdom by Bryant Terry
- 8 ounces shitake mushrooms
- 2.5 tablespoons tamari/soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil, (can also use extra virgin olive oil, grapeseed oil or canola oil)
- optional: 1 teaspoon sauce from adobo chili peppers, (will add a good amount of spice!)
- Preheat oven to 425. Remove stems from mushrooms and slice thinly.
- In a large bowl, add in tamari, smoked paprika, maple syrup, and avocado oil (and adobo sauce if using). Stir to combine.
- Add in mushrooms and toss so the tamari sauce evenly coats all the mushrooms.
- Place mushrooms onto a baking sheet (I spray the baking sheet with oil just to be safe with any potential sticking).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the mushrooms are browned and just a little crispy.
- Eat immediately or store in an airtight container for a few days.