Whenever I make homemade ravioli, the sauce has to meet a few qualifications:
- It has to be easy and quick. After two (or more) hours of making ravioli, I’m not spending a ton of time on the sauce.
- Ideally it shows off the ravioli, meaning it’s somewhat minimal.
This hits the mark on both- it took about 10 minutes to make this sauce and all you need is butter, hazelnuts, and parmesan. Of course, you can put this on any ravioli or pasta (not homemade) for a quick easy weeknight meal as well.
If you’re wondering about the hazlenuts- trust me on this one. My mom was a bit skeptical and loved the nutty flavor of the brown butter with the hazelnuts. Don’t forget a generous serving of freshly grated parmesan. Quality counts when there are so few ingredients.
Easiest Brown Butter & Hazlenut Ravioli
- pasta or ravioli of your choice, , cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup hazlenuts, chopped
- kosher salt
- generous amount of freshly grated parmesan (about 1/2 cup-3/4 cup)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Place butter and halzenuts in a saute pan over low to medium heat. Saute until light brown and you are just beginning to see brown, about 8 minutes. Watch closely after about 5, and occasionally stir/swirl the pan.
- Spoon sauce over pasta and sprinkle parmesan on top.
Tried this recipe?Mention @Kate_Cooks_ or tag #katecooks!