Despite me not being the biggest fan of cantaloupe, I knew I had to make something with cantaloupe when we saw it at the farmers’ market on Sunday. This Cantaloupe & Blueberry Salad was the simple dish we needed to enjoy it. Quite frequently (probably too often, as we always reach the same conclusion), Matt and I get into a debate about melon being an inferior fruit. However, even I will admit that the fresh cantaloupe at the market when it’s in peak season is delicious, even for someone who’s borderline anti-cantaloupe like me. This is a perfect simple salad that has familiar ingredients but will spice things up just a bit.
This white balsamic vinaigrette is inspired by a recipe my mom shared with me. She’s been raving about this dressing her friend made, so I finally had to try it out! I adjusted it slightly, and it’s delicious. Definitely another salad dressing to add to my rotations!
Cantaloupe & Blueberry Salad with White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup cantaloupe, chopped (about 10 ounces worth)
- 3/4 pint blackberries
- 8 cups arugula
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled
- optional: 6 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds, (not in picture)
- optional: 1-2 cucumbers, about 12 ounces worth, chopped (not in picture)
- white balsamic vinaigrette, see recipe below
- Combine all ingredients except feta in a large bowl. Pour over white balsamic vinaigrette and toss lightly.
- Season with salt and pepper, and place feta on top!