Normally I don’t do red meat for lunch, but I’ve been having a lot of chicken recently and decided to switch it up. This is a classic rice, beef, and veggies dish with some Asian flavors.
Hoisin Glazed Beef with Rice & Veggies
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup shredded hoisin glazed beef- see here for recipe.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 heads of broccoli, chopped into bite-size florets
- 2-3 large carrots, chopped into coins
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add in oil, and once hot, add in broccoli and carrots. Lightly season (less than normal, because the soy sauce adds a lot of salt flavor) and stir once. Let sit for a bit so it browns, then stir again. The broccoli should be bright green and the carrots should be tender. Add in soy sauce and saute until browned. Set aside.
Place 1/4 cup shredded beef, 1/2 cup veggies, 2 tablespoons edamame, 1/2 cup brown rice, and a tablespoon of cashews in each container.