Homemade Chocolate Nut Butter Cups
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3-4 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 3-4 tablespoons honey or maple syrup, (or to taste)
- 4 ish tablespoons nut butter of your choice
- Flaky sea salt, , added on top
- Line 6 molds in a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Melt coconut oil in microwave for 30 seconds if still solid.
- Place coconut oil in a medium bowl. Add in cocoa powder and honey/maple syrup and stir with a fork until smooth. If you. notice the mixture is so thick it isn't pourable, add in a bit more coconut oil. Be sure to taste and add some honey/maple syrup if you prefer it to be more sweet. Sprinkle in a bit of salt (and chili powder for some heat if you want!)
- Pour about a tablespoon of the chocolate mixture in each muffin mold (enough to coat bottom). Then add in about two teaspoon worth of nut butter. Pour another tablespoon of chocolate mixture on top.
- Place in freezer to completely freeze- this will take about 30 minutes. Once frozen, pop out of molds and place in a container or freezer friendly bag. Store in freezer until ready to eat.
Tried this recipe?Mention @Kate_Cooks_ or tag #katecooks!