It’s been a long time coming for this recipe- if you’ve followed my stories, you may have picked up that these were in about 75% of my salads for the last month or so. They add the perfect pop of flavor and crunch. Even though they have a quite robust and strong flavor, they seem to go with almost anything I’ve added them to.
The best part: they take about 5 minutes to make (okay 15 if you count the time in the oven) and you can use them throughout the week as you want. They’re also a great snack in addition to salad topping!
Chili Spiced Cashews & Coconut
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (the large ones)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place cashews and coconut in a medium bowl. Sprinkle in chili powder, coconut sugar, paprika, and salt. Toss to distribute. Pour in coconut oil and toss again to evenly coat the cashews and coconut.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes, until coconut and cashews are light brown. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.