While I often include topping after topping for my tacos, I’ve recently embraced being more minimal with them. It’s not only quicker, but then the ingredients really shine. And this tomatillo avocado salsa can certainly hold its own as the star of the show.
For these vegetarian tacos, simply roast green beans and mushrooms in a slightly spicy, savory marinade for about 20 minutes while slicing up some avocado or making a tomatillo salsa. Char up some tortillas, shred some cheese, and you have a quick, veggie-filled meal. As I go into busier days and a tighter schedule, I know these are going to be the perfect “I don’t want to cook” meal.
Weeknight Adobo Green Bean & Mushroom Tacos
- 6 ounces shitake or oyster mushrooms, sliced or broken into bite sized pieces
- 6 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons tamari/soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoons sauce from canned adobo chili peppers, will add a good amount of spice! add another teaspoon to make them quite spicy
- Preheat oven to 425. Remove stems from mushrooms and slice thinly.
- In a large bowl, add in tamari, smoked paprika, maple syrup, and avocado oil (and adobo sauce if using). Stir to combine.
- Add in mushrooms and green beans and toss so the tamari sauce evenly coats all the mushrooms.
- Place mushrooms and greens onto a baking sheet (I spray the baking sheet with oil just to be safe with any potential sticking).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the beans and mushrooms are browned and just a little crispy.
- During this time, set up the other ingredients and tortillas. I char the tortillas on a dry cast iron skillet (about 2 minutes/side).
- Assemble tortillas- add in green bean and mushroom mixture, top with avocado and cheese, and serve.
Tried this recipe?Mention @Kate_Cooks_ or tag #katecooks!