Still all about the citrus, but branching out beyond oranges with some grapefruit. Its tart flavor works perfectly in creating thus refreshing yet balanced salad. Don’t underestimate the power of a changing up your greens as a base- butter lettuce’s mellow yet smooth texture makes it the perfect supporter to the stars of the show.
The creamy: avocado and to a lesser degree, butter lettuce
The salty: prosciutto, blanched toasted almonds
The tart: the grapefruit
The sweet: the grapefruit, white balsamic vinaigrette
Avocado, Grapefruit & Prosciutto Salad
- 1 grapefruit, supremed (peeled and cut into segments)
- 1 avocado, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons small handful blanched almonds
- 3-4 cups lightly butter lettuce
- 4-5 strips prosciutto
- White Balsamic Vinaigrette, see my recipe here
- Toast the almonds: Preheat oven to 375. Place almonds on a baking sheet. Bake for 6-7 minutes, until lightly brown and fragrant.
- Mix and serve: Place butter lettuce in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss. Place in serving bowl/plate. Top with avocado, grapefruit, prosciutto, and almonds.