This is an easy salad to whip up for lunch or dinner. It takes advantage of all the “summer bounty” by highlighting all the amazing, fresh and seasonal produce available in July! This is the time to eat salads all the time because you can really mix it up and highlight delicious produce.
Summer Bounty Salad with Balsamic Glaze
- 3 large handfuls of mixed greens
- dressing of your choice (I recommend a light lemon based one)
- 3 strawberries, sliced thinly
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced thinly
- large handful of baby heirloom tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 2-3 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- Optional: Add chicken or pistachios for a more filling meal!
- balsamic glaze (see recipe here)
Not too much here in terms of directions. The only thing that I specifically do is to toss the mixed greens in the dressing thoroughly and separately. I used a simple olive oil-lemon salad dressing I buy at my favorite local store- many dressings would work, but my biggest suggestion is to do something relatively simple and mild.
Place the strawberries, cucumber, tomatoes, avocado, and goat cheese over mixed greens. Don’t toss. Drizzle balsamic glaze on top and serve.