Ever make a recipe and wonder why you haven’t been making this for years? For me, that’s this one. I made this last week and immediately was blown away. Roasting concentrates flavor and balsamic adds a touch of complexity.
Since then, I obsessively tried roasting at different temps and times to find the perfect match. While you can’t really go wrong, I found a low and slow heat worked best to keep the strawberries just a bit plump and not release water too quickly.
I made this with a vanilla buttermilk panna cotta- a recipe I need to test one more time to finalize- and one thing is clear: a creamy, luxurious, and rich dessert pairs perfectly with these strawberries. A quicker option? Skyr, yogurt or ice cream.
Simple Roasted Strawberries
- 1 pound strawberries, ,sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- pinch kosher salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 325. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Toss strawberries in honey, balsamic, and olive oil. Spread onto baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes.
- 3. Store in airtight container in fridge. Good for at least a few days (tbh mine have never lasted longer).