I feel like you don’t see the flavor combination of cinnamon and coffee much, but it makes a ton of sense to me. They are both slightly earthy and their flavors pop out when you add a touch of sweetness. As far as the optional ad-ins go, I don’t really find them optional. The chocolate and banana in particular were like little treasures from heaven (no exaggeration).
So I used a Zoku popsicle maker since we had one at hand,but honestly, I wouldn’t recommend it. I think dixie cups and popsicle sticks are the way to go!
Cinnamon Spiced Coffee Pops
- 1 cup strong coffee (keep hot)
- 1 cup coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons honey, or to your liking
- Almond Butter (melt slightly in microwave so it’s easy to pour in)
- Chocolate Chips (I prefer dark)
- Banana, sliced thinly (OMG THIS SERIOUSLY WAS MY FAVORITE PART. TRY IT.)
- Chocolate “Magic Shell” (see recipe here)
Place cinnamon stick in hot coffee for about 30 minutes (to steep). Then add coffee, coconut milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and honey to a small bowl and mix. Let cool sightly.
Pour coffee mixture into cup/mold. If you want to layer, pour until about halfway and then place in freezer until partially frozen. Then add in almond butter, chocolate, and a banana layer. Pour more coffee mixture in until mostly full. Add in popsicle stick.