Post: December 24th
(Kinda) Classic Sugar Cookies
Makes approximately 20 small cookies.
Time: 1 hour
Adapted from The Healthy, Gluten Free Life
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour or oat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup xylitol
- 1/4 cup stevia baking powder (alternatively 1/4 cup sugar)
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
Combine flours, xylitol, stevia, arrowroot starch, baking soda, and sea salt in a large bowl. Whisk together until fully combined. Use your hands to remove any clumps, as almond flour can often clump up into small balls.
Combine egg, vanilla extract, and applesauce into a small bowl.With an electric mixer, mix on medium speed. Then slowly pour in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, while mixing on low to medium speed.