The goal of this salad: simplicity. Something I could truly both make AND eat during my lunch break that would stand up to any salad at Sweet Green. Another perk: easy ingredients.
If you’ve never made your own dressing before… try this one! It makes a world of a difference and all you need is a bowl/glass/jar and a fork to do it. Link in bio.
Lemony Kale Salad with Apple & Parmesan
- 5-6 tightly packed cups green curly kale torn into bite size pieces and stem removed
- Lemon dressing see below
- 1 apple diced
- 2-3 ounces cheese of your choice- I did a combination of white cheddar and freshly grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) toasted nuts of your choice (I love marcona almonds in this for a twist!)
- 2 ounces fresh lemon juice (about 1 large lemon or 2 small)
- 4 tablespoons (4 oz) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon (8g) honey
- Place kale in a large bowl.
- Make the lemon dressing: Combine all ingredients in a bowl or jar and whisk with a fork until oil is fully incorporated.
- Pour lemon dressing over kale and massage dressing into kale for about a minute, until the kale is coated with the dressing and doesn’t feel as tough. It should not feel dry.
- Add in apple, cheese, and nuts. Toss.
- Season and serve.