I’ve been on a serious burrata kick this past year. It’s like mozzarella but the inside is like a softer, almost a cottage cheese-like texture. Add in some berries, crunch, and a bit of balsamic, and you have an easy summer salad that tastes like something ordered from a restaurant.
Summer Blackberry Burrata Salad with Balsamic Glaze
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 4 oz burrata
- handful of fresh basil
- high quality olive oil
- high quality balsamic vinegar
- toasted pumpkin seeds
- sea salt and pepper (use high quality if you can!)
Not much to say here on directions for assembly this salad. Just a couple of things:
1. Make sure you toss the arugula thoroughly in olive oil. Dry arugula= not tasty.
2. You can add in the blackberries, basil, and pumpkin seeds when tossing in olive oil, but don’t add the burrata. Place this on top at the end, and then top with balsamic vinegar.
3. Don’t forget to season this with sea salt and pepper at the end. Trust me, it makes a difference.